Happy Tuesday from Irvine Orthodontics and Children’s Dentistry!
Did you know… many many years before our modern braces and innovative invisalign there was a history of Ortho treatment trials to lead us up to where we are today!
This week at Irvine Orthodontics and Children’s Dentistry we are sharing some fun history and orthodontic did you know fun facts.
See how many of these you knew before we listed them off…
DID YOU KNOW .. THE 411 ON FUN FACTS ABOUT ORTHODONTICS AND TREATMENT
- 4 million Americans are currently wearing braces.
- All orthodontists are trained dentists, but only 5% of dentists are also orthodontists.
- You can thank NASA for modern braces. They developed the alloy that is currently used to make braces.
- Braces are nearly 300 years old, but orthodontic devices can be traced back as far as ancient Egypt.
- Nearly 80% of Americans have had a cavity by age 17.
- Modern archwires are activated by your body heat. They are also reactivated after having a cold drink.
- Are you right handed? You probably chew your food on the right side of your mouth! Same goes for lefties.
- Ever wonder when The ideal time to begin treatment is? The best time to begin orthodontic treatment is at age 7, but most people don’t visit the orthodontist until late adolescence. There is no wrong time to visit!
- Retainers are just as important as braces. Teeth can shift and move so take care of them post treatment too.
- Our teeth shift forward throughout our lives, meaning that as we get older the front of our mouth looks more crowded.
Do you have a question about orthodontics or treatment? Maybe a fun fact to add to the list?
Email or call us!
Hope to see you in office soon!
Smile bright 🙂