Transforming Lives through Smiles
The best part of my work is when I show a patient their “before” photos and then their new smile. The look of joy, amazement, and pride on their faces is something that continues to delight. This is especially true for those patients who have had a dramatic improvement in appearance and function. It’s a blessing to know there are thousands of people who have benefited from the care I’ve provided, who now have a lifetime of beautiful, healthy, and confident smiles.
Each of my patients is important to me. They present a puzzle to be solved: how to make their teeth and face balance in the most attractive and functional manner? I must call on my knowledge of science, medicine, and art, along with psychology, to help patients achieve their best smile.
It is an honor to be first a general dentist and then to have specialized in orthodontics and pediatric dentistry. My profession has taken me out of the realms of poverty: I was the first in my family to graduate high school and college, and the only one to receive a doctorate. My profession has allowed me to raise my children with excellent schooling, support them through college, and share my skills and knowledge with others. It has allowed me to travel and given me a life that was unimaginable from where I started. Along the way, I have met so many hardworking, generous, selfless, and very fine colleagues who have inspired me and enriched my life.
Education and Continuing Education
- Pre-dental and Anthropology, CSUF
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science, University of California San Francisco
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, University of California San Francisco
- Dual Specialty Certificates in Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, University of California Los Angeles
- Master of Science in Oral Biology, University of California Los Angeles
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
I am a firm believer in lifelong learning. By staying current on developments in my field, I’m able to deliver the best care and offer the widest treatments for my patients. I’m an active member of the Academy of Orthodontic Excellence Study Club. This keeps me informed of research developments, techniques, appliances, and sleep disorders. It also addresses practice management, multi-disciplinary treatment, and OHSA and HIPPA. My patients deserve the best care experience and results. Continuing education ensures I exceed their expectations.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
- California Dental Association
- California Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Orange County Dental Society
- Orange County Women’s Dental Society
- American Board of Orthodontics
In the Community
I’m committed to giving to those in need, as I have been provided with so much. I’m also committed to sharing my knowledge and experiences with younger colleagues and friends. I’ve been a volunteer instructor for pediatric dentistry and orthodontic programs, as well as a speaker on dental health for special-needs individuals. I’ve also been a leader with dental, orthodontic, and pediatric dental organizations. I volunteer my time and skills through free dental clinics, too.
I grew up in Fullerton and now live in Mission Viejo. My husband, who was my college sweetheart, and I have three kids and five grandkids who keep us busy. When I’m not working, playing with the grandkids and spending time with friends is a priority. I also enjoy relaxing with a good book, watching movies, and working out.