It’s National Smile Week, and a GREAT time to remind our patients at Irvine Orthodontics to practice good oral hygiene to keep those teeth shining during your orthodontic treatment!
Here are a few simple steps you can take to improve your oral health so that you may celebrate National Smile Week for many, many years to come:
* Brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
* Floss everyday to clean between your teeth and braces.
* Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks during your orthodontic treatment
* Visit your dentist regularly (every 6 months or as recommended by your dentist)!
And remember to smile at people you come across throughout the week, whether you know them or not. Smiles are contagious, and are a good thing to give and to get. We hope you’re all having a relaxing summer!
– Drs. Claro, Ghafouri and team